God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Improvising

I was never really a believer in baby crates or baby proofing your house. I always thought you should be able to train your kids not to get into what you don't want them to get into. Recently, however, when Emma colored on my dining room chairs with a pen behind my back I decided that I will make an exception for the sake of my nice chairs and also for the fact that while I do my best to teach Emma to not draw on the chair, she has a nature of her own and there's always the possibility that she will. But what would I do to protect the chairs? That's when I remembered my new best friend, Cling Wrap. That stuff is really great. It's not your typical "as seen on tv" stuff. It really does cling to ANYTHING. So, now when the color crayons are out, I cling wrap my chair. This way I can still yell at her for coloring on the chair, but at least if she does color on it, it is protected.

2 comments:

  1. It worked really well, but when I took it off the chair later it kind of left the chair feelings sticky for a few days. But Emma hasn't tried to color on it since.

    ReplyDelete