God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

28 Jul 2010

There is nothing cuter than a little toddler walking around with her blankie. Maybe I'm biased because I always had a security blanket and there are those who will tell you I still have my baby blanket which I will neither confirm or deny. I just wish Emma wasn't so cute when I'm trying to discipline her.
I've had a real battle with Emma throwing fits especially when I'm trying to lay her down for a nap. I have had to resort to giving her two naps a day as well. She doesn't have to sleep, but she does need to lay quietly in her bed for at least an hour so I can have some down time after work and take a break from her fits.
Today I wanted to take some different approaches. There is a tub of toys in Emma's room that she hasn't played with in months. After two days of fits and getting no where with her, I mixed things up by pulling out the old toys. She absolutely loved them like they were brand new. I doubt she's cured from throwing fits but it is a break in her norm which gives me a chance to re-group.
P.S. I was amazed at how well Emma caught onto some of the toys. You know that red and blue ball toy that has the shape cut outs and the shapes that you put in it? Well, she ended up being very good at that. Also, she has started playing like she's talking on the phone with any of her toys regardless if it looks remotely close to a phone.

1 comment: