God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Camper Livin'

New camper, new life, new love. It amazes me how poorly our family was doing at the old Sidney House. The very instant we moved into this camper everyone has been better off. I've been much happier and less depressed. Jason and I have a new kind of "camper love". I feel like we're finally getting that "first year" of marriage now in our 4th year. Even Emma can't stand the thought of going back. We went to the old house the other day to pack up the rest of our things and officially move out. Emma said she was glad we didn't live there anymore because now she didn't have to be scared. When we say we're going home, Emma says "Not home! We're going to the camper!" We do not miss the old house. We can't place what about it made it so dreadful, but whatever it was we are glad to be out of there. We are financially stable now which takes a lot of stress off of the family. We are cozy here in the camper. I don't feel overwhelmed with too much house work. Emma loves her loft and play room. We are all feeling very happy and blessed here. We are all looking forward to our first Christmas here. Our little tree is filled to the brim with presents, but of course we are not forgetting the real reason for the season. Emma has been so adorable lately talking about Jesus and having an honest interest in God.
We always said once we moved into the camper we would start looking in Anacortes for a new church. The very first church we tried is called Cornerstone Baptist Church. Pastor Parr is extremely knowledgable and wise. He knows so much about the Bible and has devoted his entire life to studying the word and preaching. It's his hobby as much as his job. We have not even looked into other churches. We knew from one Sunday there that it was the church for our family.
The first week we went to Corner stone I felt alive again for the first time in a while. When Sunday was over I found myself wishing the next Sunday would come quickly as I was getting very excited to be in church again. Though Jason and I certainly do not give God all we should on a daily basis, God is still choosing to bless us tremendously.
The church is small, but seems to be growing. It's quieter than I'm used to but I don't know that I'll ever be in as vocal of a church as TVBC was. Jason wants to become the Mr. Thomas of Corner stone Baptist Church. Sometimes he just feels like shouting and I tell him there's absolutely no reason why he shouldn't. It's great to feel so happy about God and being in his house that you just want to shout.
To be honest, I'm already feeling like when we move from here I will really miss the church and have even considered a thought I promised myself I would never entertain. I wondered if we should STAY in Washington so we could always go to this great church. It would take God's full leading to actually get me to stay here and we will have to leave in a couple years due to military anyway. But, I already feel like we are becoming a part of a great church family and I know I will miss it when we're gone. I hope I can find other churches through out our travels with equally wise Pastors.
Camper living has a few negatives, but certainly nothing for me to even get worked up over. Laundry is not easy to accomplish with having to go to the laundry mat. And it's definitely not easy always cleaning up dirty dishes since I can't put any food down the drain. But the positives always out way the negatives. I have no complaints. Jason and I could see ourselves living in this life style for quite a while. I feel cool learning about all the things I have to do in the camper like the septic. It's all actually very easy.
Here's to our newest adventure (raises a glass)

2 comments:

  1. There's a good church in Tucson if you ever move here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are submitting to God's will when you are happy to stay in a place that you originally hated. You are letting him have his way with you. I'm so happy for your whole family. Everything seems at peace now.

    ReplyDelete