God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Friday, July 15, 2011

It's like a new adventure

Well, Jason had his first day at my old command, Naval Ocean Processing Facility couple days ago. It's been a new experience for Jason. He went from being a trusted leader and highly qualified to being the new guy with no quals that meet the requirements of his new command. He has had a happy spirit about his new job so I think he's enjoying it. I tried to prepare him as best as possible. It is a little weird for him. He gets "Oh, THAT Lee." a lot when people find out he is my husband. And people I didn't know I knew like to talk about our great relationship to him ha ha. I am talked about often because I am the common knowledge between everyone there and Jason so that is probably weird for Jason. But after Jason has been through the meet and greet, checking in process it should go very smoothly. Master Chief has predicted that he'll be Tactical Coordinator by December and he has already been told he'll be deploying late October. He starts his first class to get qualified next week. I'm very excited for him to be there! It's stress free for all of us and it's close to home. He comes home for lunch. We give each other a break from our days by being together in the afternoon.
This is a new experience for me as well. The first day Jason went into work, I wasn't left alone more than 30 minutes and two dogs decided that would be the moment they would escape the yard and run down to an unfriendly neighbor. It was a great reminder at how helpful Jason is when he's home. After chasing down the dogs and trying to keep the neighbors from calling animal security, I decided to take advantage of my time alone to start back working on my screen play. But an hour later Jason ended up being home for the day. (And I hadn't even logged out of facebook yet)
Now that it's Tuesday, I have a little better schedule in place. I'm trying to get up with Jason so I have 3 or 4 hours to myself before Emma gets up. This morning, my time to myself was spent creating a personalized contract for my new business that I'm trying to get up and running.
You may or may not be aware that I have been pet sitting for a few months now. I really enjoy it. It's easy and right up my alley. I've started getting a lot of jobs and clients. I decided it's time to look into expanding my business into something I can really make money at. My landlord is looking into letting me start up on the property I'm renting. I will be expanding to dog walking, dog training and pet consulting as well. I am also enrolled to begin animal behavioral college in a few weeks. This sort of came up suddenly, but I'm really excited about it. I feel God is working here and opening doors for me. I feel like I fit in my civilian life better now.
Jason is so supportive. He has been helping me organize myself on the computer. I really could use a better desk to feel really professional. But I am happy to use what I have. I am really looking forward to where this business will take me and to go through this school.

No comments:

Post a Comment