God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

12 October 2011

I can't believe how one day Emma will seem like my little 2 year old and the next day she really lets her colors shine! She is so smart! I honestly fear I will not be able to keep up with her. I want to always be stimulating her mind. This morning we had to leave the house at 0930 because someone was coming to look at it for possible rental. The showing only takes 10-15 minutes and I don't have the car so we just walked down to a near by grassy area with a basket ball court. The basket ball court was fenced off so I figured that would be a good place to let Admiral off leash since I couldn't find his training collar. We found a deflated volleyball in there and I threw it around for Admiral. As I was doing this Emma came up to me and asked me to sit down with her near a crack in the pavement. There was a loose piece of pavement that she was jiggling and trying to pull out of the crack. She asked me to help her get it out. It was definitely not going to come out, but she would not have understood that so I told her to go get a stick that was near by. She did not even give me the stick when she got back. She just sat down and started using it like a tool to get the piece of pavement unstuck. She knew why I had asked her to get the stick and started using it with out me even having to show her. It was so amazing to me. My first thought was "she's just like a monkey, using the tools around him" ha ha Through out our time at the basket ball court she took the stick and dug around at loose pieces of concrete. Sometimes she got them out and sometimes she didn't.
Then, I was further impressed because I started kicking the ball around. I asked Emma to kick it back to me not expecting anything. She went right up to it like any professional soccer player and kicked it pretty good right back to me. It went maybe 8 feet. I remembered Jason showing her how to kick a ball at the park, but I had no idea she could have remembered that only having ever done it once before.
Emma asked if we could have ice cream. My watch told me it should be safe to go back home so we headed back. On our way we came up to this tree. Some rail road ties were lined up next to it. Emma started walking on the rail road ties and didn't want to go so I let her do that for a while. Then she started seeming interested in the tree. I could tell kids had climbed on the tree before because they had nailed pieces of wood up further on the tree to help them since it did not have any low branches. I tried to get Emma let me help her climb up the tree, but she would have nothing to do with it. So I set her down and said we had to go. She suddenly decided she did want to climb the tree, but she wanted to do it on her own. I showed her where to put her hands and feet and acted as a spotter; but she climbed about 4 feet of the tree all on her own. I was so proud of her and I could tell she was proud of herself too.
When we got home I gave her some left over ice cream from Dairy Queen. She didn't want that and kept asking for the blue one. I looking in the freezer confused and sure enough found a blue pop cycle. How she even saw that I don't know. So I gave that to her and told her to eat it on the fire place. She started eating it as she watched me get a sandwich around for my lunch. She said she wanted a cheese sandwich so I started to get her stuff out. Then she changed her mind so I put her stuff back. Then, after inhaling mayo from off my index finger and nearly choking to death Emma decided she DID want that cheese sandwich after all. She climbed up on the counter leaving her little foot prints as she went. I got her stuff back out of the pantry and started to make it. She was very concerned about the mayo situation. She set her pop cycle down on the counter and started telling me to put mayo on her bread. I said "I'm getting to it already, would you hold your horses." Upon saying that Emma picked her pop cycle back up. I didn't think anything of it until she licked it a couple times and then handed it to me and said, "Here I'm done with my horses."

2 comments:

  1. Shane and I laughed out loud on that one. Soooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha she's so funny and so very independent! Miss u two!

    ReplyDelete