God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Monday, May 10, 2010

10 May 10 0928

Today I woke up and opened my new box of Raisin Bran Cereal. Normally this is not a difficult task anyway, but this morning it was especially easy as it had recently been sat on. It seems like Emma will go to great extremes to get to food. Yesterday when mom and I were grocery shopping she sat in the back of the cart with some yogurt and next thing we knew she had toothed it open, was trying to get to it, couldn't get to it, and in her frustration threw it out of the cart where it splashed all over the floor.
It's not seldom I feel like Emma only wants to sit on my lap when I have food. She is very familiar with boxes such as Woppers, Junior Mints, popcorn and her absolute favorite, string cheese. She would go to great lengths to retrieve the contents from the inside. The cutest thing ever is when she sees you are getting her some food. She just happily stomps her feet, makes these quick laughs, and baby talks as she's so excited to receive the food about to come.

Mom and I are in Idaho visiting Kim and family. Emma is enjoying playing with her cousins. It hits me hard because I see how much Emma would enjoy siblings. It makes me wish I was still pregnant and/or could get pregnant again soon. But God has his reasons and I don't see myself being able to try again until after Jason get back from deployment in March of 2011. So poor Emma will just have to keep waiting and we'll have to take several trips to see the cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment