God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Babysitter

I have acquired a new babysitter who is trying to earn money to move back home. So, she's available all the time which is great! But, she seems a little disturbed. She doesn't hardly say a word. She doesn't say anything to the small talk I try to make and she doesn't even nod her head or say "ok" when I tell her something about Emma. It's very strange. But she seems to do a good job with Emma. Last night, when I took her home, she did start a conversation by telling me that Emma had pulled the kitchen trash can out in to the living room. Literally, the whole trash can. LOL Can you just see my little Emma, no bigger than the trash can it's self pulling it out into the living room. What was the reason? I guess we'll never know.
What do you call the person who hires the babysitter? the Babysitter Hirerer? Anyway, I feel like I am a REAL babysitter hirerer now. Megan, though she's 18, can't drive so I have to pick her up and take her home. On the way home from a late night date I do kind of dread it, but once we are in the car heading back to her place I can't help but feel a rush of nostalgia. I remember when I was just a young teen, before a driver's license, and my babysitter hirerers had to come pick me up and take me home. It wasn't anything special per say, but I feel all grown up doing it myself now. I tell you, babysitters of today are certainly different. I remember babysitting for $2/hr. First time Megan sat for me I gave her what I thought was fair. But last night, Christin was going to bring Bella over as well so I let Megan know and she said, "Ok, but it will cost extra." I was so astonished. She charged us $7/hr for the two kids. Needless to say it cost us more to pay the babysitter than it did to go out and hang with friends. But, can you really put a price on a good night out? Jason was so sweet all night and we enjoyed our movie and friends so I guess it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment