God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Toys for Maryland

When packing for MD I wanted to make sure I brought all the toys that would entertain Emma the longest. One lazy, hot afternoon when we were playing inside with the air conditioning I realized how random her toys (or interests if you will) really are. The toys she brought were a small green boat to play with in the pool, a small blue shovel, a play microphone, a small treasure box, her favorite book, her drool proof photo album, and two blue stuffed cat animals.
Each of these toys, on any given afternoon, she plays with for about five minutes (not different behavior than we are at home, though) and that adds up to about 40 minutes. When she's done playing with all that it's an active time for mom and dad keeping her entertained with other things she can play with and keeping her out of things she can't play with.
Grandma Karen helped a little by bringing a fun Doctor Seuss book for her when she came to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment