God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

19 March 11

Two nights ago I was two days away from leaving Emma for 10 days. She woke up with a fever that night and I let her get in bed with me. As we snuggled there I started to cry. My usual 'don't care-have no emotion' attitude was briefly set aside as I considered what 10 days with out my tiny tike would be. My biggest fear was that she would wake up the morning I left and not be able to find me. She wouldn't understand why I wasn't coming home. I have to hang on to the promise of seeing her again and it will be a nice surprise for her when she does see me again. I can already see the excited precious look she gets. So innocent and free of worldly traumas. Just happy to see her mommy. Traveling alone is what needed to be done but I hope not to have to leave Emma for so long very often.

1 comment:

  1. She really did great while you were gone. I think since she had already been living with us for so long, it wasn't too big of a shock to her. We talked about you often and looked at pictures.

    ReplyDelete