God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The little Peanut

Three months in Arizona really did Emma good. I knew my family would be a good thing for her. She was just the most obedient little girl while we were there and she is a real pleasure even now that we are back in Washington. Jason and I are so excited with the stage she is in right now. She can do so much on her own, she loves to learn new things, and is gleaning off of everything that Jason, myself, or the cats do. (Not to mention how she used to mimic Shelby, the dog, even in AZ drinking out of her bowl and running around the yard just like her) Yesterday, Emma was rolling around on the carpet and then laid in the fetal position on the corner of the rug. I asked her what she was doing and she said she was playing. I think she was mimicking Mowgli as he had been rolling around on the rug all day and both cats like to sit on the rug with their paws curled underneath them. It was just too funny. Emma is doing so well at going to bed too. Sometimes she'll even ask us if she can go to bed. It's so nice that we don't have the stress of bed time anymore. Now, we tell her it's time for bed, read to her or spend a little time with her and then lay her down. She says goodnight and there is no fuss. It's so nice. She is potty training now and while she likes to sit on the potty (which I could not say a month ago) she has not actually gone in the potty yet. Emma is saying or doing something new every day. She grows up so quickly because she's so smart. I look forward to every day with her to see what new things she will learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment