God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A night in Jason's shoes

For some reason, I was super tired or had a headache, and I fell asleep on Jason's side of the bed. This is not the first time I have done this but generally when Jason comes to bed he'll move me over. And another thing you should know is that I have always asked Jason to sleep closest to the door in case of intruders he can quickly grab his sword and mount his steed to get to them with out me being in the way.
So, this night that I fell asleep on his side he decided not to disturb me and he went to bed on my side of the bed. That night I experienced something very weird and even days later I still think of it. I kept waking up that night having thoughts such as, "So, this is what it feels like to be the head of the house." and "I don't want to be in charge anymore, this is too stressful."
I don't know why I felt so much like I had to take Jason's roll that night, but I woke up feeling like I had really spent a night in his shoes. I'm so thankful that Jason is always willing to put himself on the line for his family. He takes my burdens and carries them for me, he locks the house up at night knowing I won't remember to do it, he takes over Emma's care with out me having to ask as soon as he comes in the door at the end of the day knowing that I will need the break even though he's worked all day, and he puts up with all my quirks no matter how quirky. I could never handle all this if I was him, and I'm thankful for a good head of the house that God has provided for me.
Sometimes I try to think where I would be if we had never met and its hard to even imagine. I have such a lovely life with a loving husband and a beautiful, funny daughter. I have thought of what my life would be with out them and I don't like it. Times can be tough from time to time and sometimes I really do feel like giving up. But, I would be miserable with out my family and therefore I must press on. (Said in an English accent as to mimic mad world for those of you who can appreciate that)

3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha, That was some CRAZY hair! Emma's gonna hate you for pitures like that someday lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's better than my dream that I was sinking in quick sand. I have no idea where that came from, but I remember thinking in my dream, "I'm going to die." But I wasn't afraid and was very calm. At the last minute I got a big enough breath to yell at David who was nearby and he ran for Dad and I was rescued. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha emma cracks me up and yes do press on dear chap, you're doing great tiffaroo :) I'm so very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete