God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

New house with the family together

Emma, to my knowledge, ended up handling my departure just fine. Although, I did ask my mom not to tell me how she reacted because I knew it would just make me sad. But, while in the end I see Emma did really miss me, she took our separation like a champ. I had gone up to WA to set up our new rental house and surprise Jason on the pier for his home coming. His 9 month deployment was not easy on us. It was the longest we had been apart thus far and we definitely had our burdens to bare this deployment. But he was very happy to have someone to greet him on the pier as that was not our original plan. We spent a couple days alone in our new rental house getting to know each other again and then flew down to Arizona to meet back up with Emma and drive the car back to WA. (I don't know if I ever said I had gone to Arizona to stay with my family while Jason was gone) The trip back was interesting to say the least. We arrived in Albuquerque as our first stop. The next morning we visited my Grandma and Uncle and family in Taos, New Mexico. It was the first time they had seen/met Emma and Jason so it was a much needed visit although short. We ate dinner at Dion's Pizza for dinner that night and either bad food or a convenient bug left Emma throwing up at 4 o clock in the morning and Jason and I not feeling 100% either. Since we were up taking care of a sick baby we decided to hit the road. The hotel clerk ended up being asleep when we went to check out and boy was he a deep sleeper. We knocked on the desk, cleared our throats, yelled "hey!", threw mints at him, yelled "fire, earthquake, and sand storm" all to no avail. Jason called the hotel phone and even shook him and still nothing. Finally, Jason basically had to knock him out of his chair to get him to wake up. We got a discount on our room for our silence. lol Once we were on the road, we couldn't get to Nampa fast enough. Emma was throwing up about every hour. We had to keep stopping at gas stations asking for bags and we had to keep them handy to catch the puke as we traveled. Of course, by the time we reached Kim's, Emma was surprisingly feeling well enough to play with her cousins. This was also the first time Jason had met Shane and the kids. We had a very nice dinner, breakfast, and visiting time with Kim's family before we made the final stretch back to WA. Emma got sick again on the ride back to WA and by the time we were home Jason and I were sick too. It never felt better to be in Oak Harbor and trust me, I won't be saying that again. That's not to say our trip wasn't fun. Family trip time is always fun even if we are sick.
Jason and I have since been unpacking boxes, organizing the house, and receiving new furniture. We enjoyed a special treat of our friends, the Craigs, coming over last night to see the house, eat pizza, make cookies, and play games.
I miss the Navy and it hurts my heart to be in this military community, but I am enjoying every minute of being home with Emma and I look forward to what future daily routines I can start with her.
Jason is back, cats are back, Emma and I are back. We're all but all together again. Just waiting on the rabbit and chinchilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment