God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hero, Daddy

As I was making potatoes today, Emma was playing in the garage. Suddenly she ran into the house crying saying that something had scared her. She asked me, "What is it?" So I went out to the garage with her. She showed me where she had gotten scared. There were several spider webs and part of the wall was gone so the insulation was showing. I thought it was the insulation that had scared her. It was her bed time so I told her if she went to bed, I would have Daddy fix it when he got home and it would be fixed by the time she woke up.
When Jason did come home I took a break from my potatoes to show him where the spot was and asked him to fix it. He put a board over it.
Laster when Emma woke up she came in our room where we were resting. She asked Daddy, "Fix it?" I couldn't believe she had even remembered. We went out in the garage and Jason showed her where he had fixed it, but she didn't seem comforted. We asked if she was still scared and she said yes. Jason pointed to different things in the garage asking her what scared her. She said, "nope, nope nope." and then finally he pointed to a sack of spider eggs and she said "ya, that scared Emma" So Jason got a broom and knocked it down.
Jason asked if he did a good job fixing it and Emma said, "Ya, good fix."

No comments:

Post a Comment