God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thoughts of the day

Emma always touches my heart, but this morning she really touched it good. She asked me to come out and give her breakfast. When I came into the kitchen, her little tiny body was sitting at the table. Her legs were out straight and she looked like a tiny little adult. I got her some cereal, but she didn't really eat it. She kept laying down on the bench. I asked her if she didn't feel good but she didn't say. Eventually she went up to her bed to watch a movie. I would normally start school but I'm not feeling great, emotionally, myself this morning so I'll let her rest up there for a while as I pull myself together. I don't know what's going on with me this morning. Last few days I've just felt like crying for no reason. I'm switching to a different type of medicine that is safe for babies should Jason and I decide to have another child which is definitely on our minds.

Lately, I have been thinking that I would buy gifts for people through out the year and then just send out cards and family update letters or pictures for Christmas. I do my Christmas shopping all year round. I already have a gift for my Dad and the next gift giving holiday for him isn't until June. I used to have a chest for gifts, but since we moved into the RV I don't have that space anymore. At the same time, I can see myself coming up on Christmas and still buying people things. Plus, there's always that one family member that I just don't find anything for at all the entire year and if I don't purposely go out looking for a gift they probably wouldn't get one.

Jason and I have both been missing our old dog, Admiral, a lot. He was such a great pup! We wanted to get out of that old house so badly that we didn't think very far into the future and we acted pretty selfishly. We are both wishing we would have kept him. With those thoughts in mind we've been talking about getting another dog. We did an extensive search of dog breeds the other day and found our favorites. We can't get another Great Dane if we want to stay in this camp ground. They don't allow big dogs because of insurance issues, but don't EVEN get me started on how ridiculous that is. I will try to remain pleasant in this blog.
With out any encouragement from me, Jason decided we each needed our own dog. The Lee family can be quite the resource hogs. We like to each have our own pets to cuddle with at night and play with during the day. I can not get my dog until we have a truck because we can not pay for pet care during Jason's deployments when I travel and I don't have any intention of staying in WA so I'll have to wait until we can pull our camper to and fro. Jason is thinking of getting his dog when he transfers to shore duty so that he has more time bonding with it. I'm very thankful for a husband who has a love of animals and is willing to let the family be over flowing with pets. If I had my way I'd already have this RV full of more pets. I've been missing having a rabbit too. It's hard to be an animal lover "on the go."

I have a new dog training client. I start work with her 8 month old Boer Boel (A south American dog that looks part pit bull, part mastiff, has a great personality and beautiful coat!) tomorrow. We are meeting two times a week for socialization and obeying on first command. She has purchased my off leash training program. I'm very nervous about this as it's my first real client to do the off leash training. I often feel like I don't really know what I'm doing and I wish I had a dog of my own to practice on. I like to go practice on the shelter dogs, but there's only so much a dog can learn in a few hours. I am excited my website is getting noticed on google, though and happy to have more dog training business. It's an odd feeling being busy with my own business. For such a long time it was just the Daschounds and they were starting to feel more like family. Their owner was very laid back with the training. The busier I get with my own business, the harder it is for Jason and I to realize that we won't always have as much time together. Especially when he starts school and working at the same time, it's going to be tough to have time together.

My eyes are tired. Shere Khan is sleeping next to me. The camper is warm and cozy. We cleaned up yesterday so today will most likely be a lazy day until Jason gets home. When he gets home I am meeting an artist to see some prototype pictures he's drawn for my screen play. I'm excited for this!

It's been good talking to you all and sharing my thoughts of the day. Hope you are all having wonderful Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment