God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Amadeus

It is interesting watching Amadeus play. I have a rug in the living room which is his domain. He doesn't like to walk on the hardwood floor so I never worry about where he is. He gets so excited anytime he gets to come out and play. He hops in the air, kicking his legs and twisting around. Sometimes Mowgli stalks him and they play together. This afternoon Amadeus was sitting under the rocking chair. Bagheera came up to the end of the rug and sat down. She started to sniff the rug with out getting on the rug. Amadeus noticed she was there and burst out from under the chair at full speed towards her. He stopped at the edge. They sniffed each other and then she ran off.
Emma absolutely loves Amadeus. He is the first things she talks about in the morning. She carries him around all day. He is so patient with her and lets her comb him on her table, take him to her bed with her, and carry him to and fro about the house.
Emma has gotten pretty good at getting him in and out of his cage. The other morning she was going to get him out and she put her hand too close to his food and he bit her hand. It didn't draw blood but it was enough to scare her to tears. She cried out and I went to see what had happened. She looked back at Amadeus, her friend, with the saddest eyes like she had just been betrayed by her best friend. I sat down to cuddle with her and kiss her owie. But, even still, in mid-cry Emma whimpered "Bunny out?"
I was suddenly reminded of God's forgiveness as I saw this little girl, betrayed by someone she loved and in the mist of the hurt, not only immediately forgave him, but wanted to be with him again. This was a perfect picture of God's love and forgiveness towards us.
I got the bunny out for her. She stopped crying the moment he was in her arms again and she carried on the rest of the day as if he had not pained her.
I learned a great lesson from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment