God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Monday, May 16, 2011

My special date

Jason told me he wanted to take me on a surprise date. I didn't know when it would happen, but extra time and money presented it's self last Sunday. He gave me some hints. Some of them turned out to be bogus once we got to the place. He's always been upset that I guessed his "GREAT" surprise back when we were dating. He told me he had a gift for me and after one minuscule clue I guessed that it was an electric white violin. I had only mentioned to him once that I had wanted one and he had never indicated he would ever get me one so he couldn't believe I had guessed it. Since then, he has realized that I'm very good at guessing surprises and he has stopped trying to surprise me.
So, for my surprise on Sunday he gave me a few bogus clues to throw me off. We had to go across the water on the ferry to get there. And can I just say that Jason and I have always had a lot of fun when we take the ferry together. It was dreary and rainy, but we made the best of it in our cowboy get up, goofing off in the car.
Two hours after leaving the house, Jason pulled up to an old silver barn with a sign that said "Pottery," set back into the woods on some property. This was funny because I had guessed sculpting pottery on the way. It was something we had talked about doing before. Jason is very good at pottery. His dad made a living doing it and taught the trade to him. He had told me my guess was wrong.
I was excited to be doing it. Jason showed me how to get the clay ready and how to try and sculpt something. I tried several attempts at a few bowls and then thought about what I could use around the house. I needed something to hold some extra pens and paperclips so I started to try and make one of those. 5 balls of clay later I was getting no where. Jason helped me configure a bowl that looked more like a chips and salsa dish so I thought that was cool and kept it like that. Then I tried another one more by myself. It didn't look like what I was wanting so Jason shaped it out better for me. It was really neat seeing him work something first hand with the clay and times with his dad that he has always talked about doing before he joined the Navy.
It was a really neat date. It was neat that he thought of it on his own and planned it out. He did a great job planning it too. It went very smooth, unlike several of my plans that I had surprised him with. It was a very special time just the two of us.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! What a neat idea and very unique. I'd like to see pictures of what you made!

    ReplyDelete