God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

What an imagination!

Just when I thought Emma was going to take a break from learning and growing and let me catch up emotionally, she charges on even further. It seems like overnight her imagination has grown wild. She is doing and saying things that I swear she had to have thought up on her own and it makes her seem so grown up. She has started giving everyone nick names. Mowgli is Mow. Bagheera is Pun which is actually short for Punkin which is what I call her. Jason is Babe or Baby. (We are trying to break her of that lol) and Josh Craig is Joshey (which he hates lol) Bella is Bell. It amazed me because we never use those nick names except for Bell.
She has also started playing house with her stuffed animals. The other day she went in the bathroom and brought out her potty chair (which she still refuses to use) and set it in the living room. Then she got one of her bears and sat him on it and turned to me and said, "Bear going potty." Then she went into the bathroom and brought out her stool. She put the bear on the stool and turned to me and said, "Bear getting changed." I tried to give her a play diaper to use but it looked too different from the diapers she's used to and she didn't want it. Yesterday, however, she did try to put one of Bella's diapers on one of Bella's bears. It was so cute! Tried to get a video of it...maybe next time. I look forward to what other fun things she will think of playing next. I remember loving to play house or play games with my play animals. I didn't think Emma would have the imagination for it until she was much older. But she fooled me.

No comments:

Post a Comment