God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Emma....what can I say?

Emma has been so funny lately and really showing how smart she is. The other night I was playfully chasing her around the house to get her ready for bed. She ran back and forth from her room, to mine and back and about the third time running into her room she shut the door behind her right in my face. I was so shocked that she thought to do that by way of slowing me down. I was impressed.
Today, she threw a ball in the house and the dog I'm pet sitting went after it almost stepping on my DVD player which was plugged into the wall. I asked Emma to move the DVD player closer to the wall so it didn't get stepped on. Slightly confused, but still smart, Emma went and tried to unplug the player from the player end. When she couldn't do that, she went to the plug on the wall and unplugged it from there and brought the whole thing to me. (Yes, mom, I realize that is a run-on sentence) I was so amazed that she not only knew how to unplug it from the player but also that when that didn't work she figured something else out. What a smarty pants.
This afternoon I was playing my violin. Emma likes to dance to any kind of music but she always wants to wear a skirt when she dances. So, she asked me if she could put on a skirt. I told her to go to her room and get one. I played for a little bit longer and suddenly it dawned on me that she had not come back and it was very quiet when I wasn't playing. (another run-on) So, I went to see what she was doing. She and the dog were in her room with the door closed and Emma was in BED, of all things. I laughed and asked her if she was going to go to sleep. She said yes. So, I changed her diaper and laid her back down.
During her nap, Jason called so I went out on the porch to talk to him. An hour later we were still talking on the porch. Emma came around from the other side of the porch, having woken up from her nap and carrying a skirt in her hand. lol It was like she had gone to get the skirt and realized she was tired so she decided to nap first. It was so funny. If only she had slept longer than an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment