God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Emma, the cats, and helping mommy

I've rather enjoyed this time Emma and I have had just the two of us. And, tho I miss the Navy dearly, I will never disagree that getting out to spend all this time with her has been a real blessing. She is so loving. Yesterday, Bagheera ran outside. I had already had a rough last couple days chasing down escaped animals of all sorts and I felt like I had had enough. As Bagheera ran out, I sunk my shoulders down and sighed. Emma saw me and could tell I was distressed. As I was walking out the door to try and catch the cat, Emma rushed up, pushed me aside and said, "I'll get Bagheera." It was such a kind gesture and the poor child was out there most the morning chasing after her. She was calling her name and trying to woo her. Bagheera was doing her own thing regardless, but when she did jump up on the porch Emma said "Good girl." That's what is funny about the cats and Emma in general. They do their own thing, but Emma will often give them a command and if they happen to coincidentally do the things she's asking them to do, she thinks they are being obedient.
Today, Mowgli was on the counter licking some plates I hadn't yet put in the dishwasher. Emma was sitting on the island across the kitchen and started yelling at him to get down. She said, "Mowgli, get down" several times and then when he finally did jump down she said, "Good boy, Mowg."
I must say, yesterday I felt pretty special that Emma wanted to help me out. She's so kind hearted and very helpful. She always picks up her coloring without being asked and always offers to throw away my trash from meals. She's such a cutie patootie. I would be devastated but mostly very bored with out her.

No comments:

Post a Comment