God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Vacuums and life

I'm so thankful to have a strong man behind my weak emotions. Kirby graced us with their presence today. I have to admit, I wasn't that impressed. It definitely picked up more dirt than my vacuum. It had some cool attachments which included leaf blower, painter, and door crack cleaner outer. But, I've never been cleaning my house and thought, boy, I sure with I had an attachment on my vacuum that would clean out these door crevices. I just get some ammonia water and scrub it down. Kirby salesman get you with their stories about wanting to win a trip to Vegas or needing to sell a certain amount to get promoted but mostly they spend all that time getting the vacuum out and cleaning your house that you feel bad making them put it back in the box. Plus they spend so much time working with your financial budget. I felt so sorry for the salesman who was trying to earn money for college and had to work so much he didn't hardly get to eat. I would have had myself a new unwanted Kirby vacuum if it wasn't for Jason. I pulled him back into our room and told him I didn't really want the vacuum and so he took care of all the dirty work telling them the bad news. I wish I could have had some place to go while the guy was packing up the vacuum and mentioning how much he hated having to do that. We gave him $60 for his time. Although, I will also admit that I LOVED their mattress/comforter attachment. It cleaned the cat hair and dust mites so well! My comforter looked as good as new. If I could have just bought that one part that would have been great.
When it was all said and done, I looked back at my dirt devil advertised for pet hair, on sale for $39.99 and I was happy to have it. I only have three rugs in the house to vacuum anyway, and I am quite satisfied with my swiffer on the hardwood floors.
And speaking of vacuums, I got to looking at all the work that still needed done around the house. Emma is so willing to help, but her help is not helpful really. I feel like she leaves more messes the more she tries to help. But I do try to find things she can do to feel helpful because it gives her so much joy. We all know I've missed the Navy, but I have to admit it's nice knowing when I go to bed that whatever I didn't get cleaned or what ever Emma messed up right before bed I can clean first thing in the morning. And then when Emma gets up we eat breakfast together. Emma plays while I pick up the house and then we both rest. When she wakes up we play together until Daddy gets home. Spending all this time with the cutest baby ever is such a blessing! I wouldn't give it up for the world.

1 comment:

  1. I do not know who or what kirby is but it sounds fascinating lol. I'm so happy that you get to just be with Emma everyday and get to clean and spruce up your new house! Even if it's just a rental it's fun to make it how you want it!

    ReplyDelete