God created her, I carried her, now she is my happiness and my laughter.

Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm an animal lover...So sue me


I love animals. So, I have a lot of them. They inhabit in and around my home because it makes me and my family happy. My house will always be a little dirtier. At night my cat, Bagheera, sleeps by my head. It's her special time of the day to get attention. Every morning my other cat, Mowgli, sits on my chest waiting to be pet. He purrs and squints his eyes like he's never loved anyone more. Some nights my husband and I entertain ourselves laughing hardily at my rabbit, Amadeus, who playfully jumps in our laps, kicks sideways in the air and harasses the cat's tail. Mr. Darcy, the chinchilla, was a surprise gift from my husband. He gave us a fun afternoon searching for him the other day after he had escaped from his cage.
Yes, I have cat hair to clean off the bed. Yes, I cleaned up rabbit pee today and yes, I've been trailing chinchilla poop from his escape. But that is what I do. That is something I will never mind doing for the sake of my pets. It brings me such joy to see Emma wake up and first thing in the morning wanting to play with the bunny. When we come home from being gone, Mowgli greets us at the door and Emma says, "Hi, Mowg." She is learning responsibility already learning to clean litter and feed the animals. When Jason is deployed Bagheera knows I'm lonely and spends extra time with me. Emma and I love our pets! My husband supports us. Next to join us will be a Great Dane/German Shepherd mix puppy. We are so excited about this! So, please, excuse my fur and if you don't think you can then don't visit me. I really do try my best to keep up with all the standards of what a "clean" house should be, but at the end of the day that's not who I am. I'm not a germ freak and I'm not scared of a little fur. I'm an animal lover! So sue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment